Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wow! Comments!

Thanks, those of you who replied to the last posting. I agree, installing gentoo *on* the eeepc would be problematic. It just seems that, since eepc's are mostly the same hardware, that there ought to be an disk image of a functioning install that I could just dd onto my hard drive. Then all I have to worry about is setting up my development environment. Cross compilation isn't really a good idea because it seems like it would leave me without the ability to install software when away from my primary machine.

With regards to the SSD hardware, I have heard that it will take quite a few write cycles before one starts having problems. Unless you know about someone who killed their EeePC by trying to install gentoo, I'm not really worried about anything except running out of disk space. And I

No comments: